Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Reflection on Yesterday (about going for a drink)

I missed my blog post yesterday because I went out for drinks with my coworkers and I ended up staying way longer than I planned. It's always nice to get to know people who I work with and it was fun, but it costs a lot to have drinks in Canada. In Japan, generally, most pubs (we call them "Izakaya") have a system called "All You Can Drink" which is literally exactly that. You can drink whatever you want from a menu for a certain time (usually 1.5-3 hours), and the cost ranges from $10 to $25. So, even if you don't drink that much, you can earn your pay! Here, you cannot just drink as much as you want because the bill is gonna be crazy, so you need to always keep that in mind unless you are well-off. Although I'm not a crazy drinker or anything, sometimes thinking about the cost for drinks turns me off.

I don't know if I should be sad about the fact that as I get older, just getting drunk is not fun for me anymore. Back then, when I was younger, it was super enjoyable to have a lot of drinks. Now all I want is to chill out having at most one beer with my husband or friends and talk about fun stuff. It's interesting how things have changed as you become more thoughtful. But I'm sure it is definitely pleasant to my liver and my wallet.

I don't know what the point of this blog post is, but what I want to say is that drinking alcohol is not something I want to include too much of in my life routine. I needed to write this down just to make sure when I am asked to go for drinks next time, I'll be able to say "No." (Um, I still might go, but I can have much less drinks and leave much earlier).




No comments:

Post a Comment